Bethel Rec League
3rd - 6th-grade boys and girls
- The object of the rec league is to have fun and learn fundamentals.
- The format this year is changing to halfcourt 3 vs 3.
- Please read the info and watch these videos on 3 vs 3.
- Registration numbers will determine the number of kids on each team (4 kids per team with a maximum of 5)
- Season typically starts with practices in December and Games starting early January through the end of February.
- Games will be played on Saturdays
- Teams will play two 15 minute running clock games per Saturday.
- Equal playing time
- No Zone Defense will be allowed.
- No isolation basketball (This league is about the kids having fun and learning the game)
- 3rd/4th-grade boys and girls will not play defense outside of the 3 point line.
- No double team outside of the paint.
- If the other team turns the ball over or misses a shot and the other team controls the ball, the ball will need to be taken back to the 3 point line.
- The foul shot format will be 'count one, shoot one'.
- Coaches of the teams will be required to ref the games.
- 3rd/4th grade boys and girls will play on a 9ft rim with 27.5” ball